Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jeff Gordon's latest promise: Breakdance in victory lane


Jeff Gordon's mustache might be gone, but the lighthearted bravado that inspired the throwback look remains despite a disastrous start to the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

 The four-time champion, who dutifully made good on a promise to sport a pencil-thin wisp of hair on his upper lip if he qualified for the Chase, made another oath he might regret Thursday.

Unveiling a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles paint scheme on his No. 24 Chevrolet for the Oct. 14 race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Gordon vowed to breakdance in victory lane with his 2-year-old son, Leo, if he wins the Bank of America 500.

"It might be light," laughed Gordon, who stunned many with his deft repertoire of 1980s electric boogaloo moves last December in an impromptu performance during the postseason awards ceremony in Las Vegas. 

"I've got to teach Leo to dance. A win is huge, as I've already shown, I'm a man of my word. I can pull off a couple of little moves that maybe won't hurt me too bad."

Read more on USA Today

No comments: