Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Casey Jennings

'I'm ready,' says Walsh as she bounces her son on a knee. With Walsh's Olympics partner, Misty May-Treanor, sidelined by an injury, she'll partner with a former teammate who gave birth in April.

Just as she predicted, beach volleyball star Kerri Walsh got the itch to play by December. Never mind she was four months pregnant. The sand beckoned.

"I really thought I'd give it a full year off, but it's been such a long time off, and it's been good for my head and good for my soul, and I'm ready," she said, her son bouncing on her knee and husband Casey Jennings competing on a court nearby.

Less than three months after Walsh, 30, gave birth to Joseph Michael Jennings on May 22, she will return to competition at the Hermosa Beach Open, which begins today. Walsh last competed in Dubai in November 2008 with Nicole Branagh. Her longtime partner, Misty May-Treanor, tore her Achilles' tendon in October while training for the hit television show, "Dancing With the Stars." More on Los Angeles Times

Related News :

1. Volleyball Stars Kerri Walsh & Husband Casey Jennings Welcome Son!

2. Fremont Little Leaguers return to lots of love

No comments: