Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sara Jane Moore - Tried to Assassinate President Ford

Free after 32 years in prison, Sara Jane Moore says she was wrong, “misled” and “mistaken” in trying to assassinate President Gerald R. Ford in September 1975. However, she added: “I still believe if I hadn’t done it, someone else would.”

“It was a time people don't remember. We had a war in this country, the Vietnam War,” Moore told Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview on TODAY Thursday. “The only way it was going to change was by revolution.”

It was only later, while spending time in solitary confinement, that the only woman ever to fire a shot at a president said she “had begun to realize that I'd been used.”

“I think that I was misled, that I was mistaken. I think I made a serious error,” she told Lauer. “I had to learn later that everyone else didn't feel that way.”

Read More....



Sara Jane Moore Tried To Assassinate President Ford, Discusses Attempt And Spending 32 Years In Jail (VIDEO)

To look at this 80-year-old grandmotherly woman, it is difficult to imagine that she spent 32 years in prison for attempting to assassinate President Gerald Ford, but that's exactly what happened. On September 22, 1975 in San Francisco, Sara Jane Moore fired a shot at President Ford that missed his head by several feet. A bystander wrestled her to the ground before she was taken into custody by authorities.



Read More