Friday, June 26, 2009

Josh Blue, Comedian next performance



For much of his comedy career, Josh Blue has tried to get people to laugh with him about having cerebral palsy.

Although CP will remain a part of his set in some fashion, Blue said he hopes to move to the point where audiences are comfortable with it, allowing him to use other material.

“Now people know who I am, so I don’t have to talk about the disability,” Blue, a Denver native, said. “I have CP, so I have to bring it up, but then I can branch off of what I want to talk about.”

Blue’s big break came when he won the NBC reality show “Last Comic Standing.” Blue said he was headlining comedy clubs before winning the show, but the show allowed him access to more clubs around the country. He said he has been able to come up with a lot more material.

“I really feel like I’ve grown quite a bit,” Blue said. “When I won ‘Last Comic Standing,’ even though I was headlining, it was scary to fill up 45 minutes to an hour. I’m a lot more comfortable doing that amount of time.”

Read more on Sun Tribune

No comments: